We can say, hand stitch is the mother of all stitch. We have started our stitching journey by this stitch. On my last post we’ve known about, what is stitch? When the stitches is done through hand is known as Hand Stitch. That doesn’t indicate that, it is only done by hand now. We can stitch it by machine also. Because, by using hands only make the production slower than thinkable. That’s why in bulk production, we use machine. Thanks to modern technology, it makes more comfortable and faster than before. Most commonly and vastly used stitch type is 209. And the machine that is used for having this stitch is called “Pick Stitch Sewing Machine“. AMF Reece CR, JAPSEW Co. etc are producing this kind of machine.
- Its surface and back is same. It’s look like homemade stitch (Though it is made by machine).
- Special type of machine is used. Production rate is slower than regular machine.
- Special type of machine requires special types of needle.
- Single set of yarn is needed for a single stitch.
- We can hardly see this type of stitch (rare), limited length of stitch.
- It is rarely used.
- Speed of sewing is very slow.
- As a result, it cost higher than any other stitch.
- What is Stitch and it’s classification? (imtiazomar.wordpress.com)
- How Do I Choose the Right Needle for My Sewing Machine? (quilting.answers.com)
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine (quilting.answers.com)