How cool will it be when Holographic Telepresence can be a part of the instructional process? Article collaboratively written with Paul
We can say, hand stitch is the mother of all stitch. We have started our stitching journey by this stitch. On my last post we’ve known about, what is stitch? When the stitches is done through hand is known as Hand Stitch. That doesn’t indicate that, it is only done by hand now. We can stitch it by machine also. Because, by using hands only make the production slower than thinkable. That’s why in bulk production, we use machine. Thanks to modern technology, it makes more comfortable and faster than before. Most commonly and vastly used stitch type is 209. And the machine that is used for having this stitch is called “Pick Stitch Sewing Machine“. AMF Reece CR, JAPSEW Co. etc are producing this kind of machine.
- Its surface and back is same. It’s look like homemade stitch (Though it is made by machine).
- Special type of machine is used. Production rate is slower than regular machine.
- Special type of machine requires special types of needle.
- Single set of yarn is needed for a single stitch.
- We can hardly see this type of stitch (rare), limited length of stitch.
- It is rarely used.
- Speed of sewing is very slow.
- As a result, it cost higher than any other stitch.
- What is Stitch and it’s classification? (imtiazomar.wordpress.com)
- How Do I Choose the Right Needle for My Sewing Machine? (quilting.answers.com)
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine (quilting.answers.com)
Stitch is a loop or a strong hold of thread for a greater security of a particular object. There may be minimum one thread or more than one thread to form a stitch. Most common elements for stitching is Needle.
In past, there was single long fabric to use it as cloth for defending them from nature’s cruelty. When they get used of it, come’s the variations. We call it style. To give this variation a shape, comes stitch and its classification. For making a garment, many stitches is needed. Different stitch is used on different purpose. But the goal is same to make the garments more comfortable and reliable. We can classify stitch in three ways. They are-
- Hand Stitch
- Lock Stitch
- Chain Stitch
In chain stitch, there are four division. They are-
- Single Thread Chain Stitch
- Multi-Thread Chain Stitch
- Over Edge or Over Lock Chain Stitch
- Top and Bottom Covering Chain Stitch
At below we will see a graphical image which is showing the classification with class number.